Windows 7 - Slow to respond to keystrokes or mouse clicks
Symptoms: Slow response to mouse clicks, keystroke delays in typing, delayed menu access, excessive logging out and restart/shutdown times
Solution: forced reload of USB drivers by Windows
Steps to fix:
1. Restart in "Safe Mode with Networking".
2. If problems still exist - Shutdown (Shutdown may take up to 20 minutes).
3. Remove any and all USB devices.
4. Power on computer to Login screen (you should see a quicker startup load time).
5. Plug back in USB devices and then force shutdown by holding in power button.
6. Power on Computer, Login, Windows should auto detect USB devices and reload clean drivers.
7. Make sure Applications menu loads in normal time and then open any application to see if issue is fixed
8. If issue is not fixed, click on the link below and type in the issue and troubleshoot further.
Please sign in to leave a comment.