Mac OSX - Snow Leopard & Lion
- Click on the Apple icon and select System Preferences.
- Next click on the Network icon under Internet & Wireless
- Next click on the + on the bottom left hand corner to add a new Interface connection
- A window will pop-up, asking to select the interface and name for the service.
- Set Server Address to janus.ucmerced.edu by typing this into the field
- Set Account Name to match your UCMNetID by typing this into the field
- Set Password to match your UCMNetID Password by typing this into the field
- After clicking on Create, it should take you back to the Nework window pane.
- In the Server Address field, enter in: janus.ucmerced.edu
- In the Account Name field, enter in your UCMNetID
- In the Password field, enter in your UCMNetID password
- Next, Click on Authentication Settings.
- Under Machine Authentication, be sure that Shared Secret is selected.
- Set Shared Secret to ucmstaff by typing this into the field. This is the VPN standard group password.
- Under Group Name, type: ucm_staff and Click on OK. Notice there is an underscore between ucm and staff.
- The VPN interface connection is now created and configured. Next, Click on Connect.
Note: If you receive a prompt to apply the changes, click on Apply.
- A VPN Connection window will pop-up, asking for a password. Enter in your UCMNetID Password and click on OK.
- Congratulations! You are now successfully connected to UC Merced's VPN. Click OK to continue.
Please sign in to leave a comment.